I did a google search for good wine tastings to do while in Paris. I came across Ô Chateau Wine Bar & Restaurant. They offer a variety of tastings, tours and dinners. I chose the Wine and Cheese lunch that served 1 champagne, 4 wines, 5 cheese and charcuterie (smoked ham and salami) with bread baskets.
Each tasting is different in terms of the types of wine they serve.
My Tasting consisted of:
- Champagne: Lancelot Pienne Blanc de blancs (Chardonnay). Suggested Cheese: Brie de Meaux
- Loire – Sancerre: Domaine de la Garenne (Sauvignon Blanc). Suggested Cheese: Sainte Maure de Touraine
- Beaujolais – Morgon: Daniel Bouland – Corcelette (Gamay). Suggested Cheese: Tome de Savoie
- Bordeaux – Haut Medoc: Chateau Belgrave – Diane del Belgrave (Cabernet Sauvignon – Merlot – Cab Franc). Suggested Cheese: Comte
- Rhone – Cotes du Rhone: Domaine de la Janasse (Grenache – Syrah – Mourvedre). Suggested Cheese: Roquefort
I found it very educational and delicious. My favorites were the Beaujolais and Rhone. If you would like an introduction to French wines, cheese pairings and of course generous servings of wine, I highly recommend it! The Sommelier speaks English and you can find everything you need on the website. I hope you enjoy it like I did! 😀